Free & Almost Free FAMILY FUN!
Having fun in Scottsdale doesn’t have to break the piggy bank. Some nearby favorites:
- Bartlet Lake/Rattlesnake Cove ($6 Tonto pass)- Hit the beach and swim with graceful vultures overhead by day, bats by night.
- Wild Burrowing Owls! – Bike at dawn, east on the canal from Pima Rd (S. of Indian Bend) Burrowing owls live about a mile in, both sides of the canal- evening time, too!
- Scottsdale’s Aquatic Centers, Libraries & Parks! Best parks, libraries, pools in the West!
- Greenbelt Find streams, little bridges, parks, & lots of cool birds.
- Needle Rock ($6 Tonto Pass) – kick upstream and enjoy local “slide rock” fun.
- AZ Museum of Natural History – Our kids/Dad favorite
- City Swim Lessons, Art, Summer Camps
- Old Town Farmers Market & Singh Meadows
- The McDowell Sonoran Preserve
- Civic Center Mall/Downtown/Museum of the West